January 1, 2015

So This Is the New Year?

It's 2015! As stated in yesterday's post, I'm planning to make this year something special. This has nothing to do with any New Year's Resolutions, however, and everything to do with Camp Mix's 10th Anniversary. There are not many other things I've been doing for ten years, and even less things I enjoy doing more than Camp Mix. 

In 2006, Camp Mix was created at the last minute to help save a 14-year-old from dying of boredom during a 6-hour car ride. Immediately, my love of making playlists was discovered, and it soon became the clearest avenue for self-expression. Over the years, Camp Mix grew to become a definitive annual statement, a seasonal summary, a Portrait of Summer. I want to celebrate this 10th Year of Camp Mix because, to put it frankly, I'm darn proud of it. 

For the next few months, I will be documenting the accomplishments and failures of Camp Mix across its lifespan through the series entitled "History of Camp Mix." Also, keep an eye out for other articles and features, showcased right here on this blog.

It's definitely possible that additional features will find their way into the pipeline. Stay tuned!

Seeing "2015" on a calendar is going to take some serious getting used to. It just doesn't seem like that long ago when it simply felt like some distant, impossible, made-up concept. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about this date that seems so... futuristic... 

Marty McFly would be so disappointed...
Ah, yes. That's why. Man, what a letdown.

I may not always make it obvious, but I am incredibly stoked about for the next few months will contain, whether it's right here on the blog or behind-the-scenes productions. While "Ten Years in the Making" has currently been my go-to catchphrase, I didn't actually start planning CM15 until after Camp Mix '12 was finished. Still, I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's excited...

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment